Donnerstag, 22. April 2010

If you never stood in my shoes

If you never stood in my shoes,
if you never joined my life one day,
if you never felt all my blues,
if you never ran with me away.

If you've never been by my side
all days of one of my week,
if you never watched me in the night,
if you never knew anything 'bout my needs.

then this is what I'm asking you

to please don't stand in my way

'cause this is me and it's not you.

so this is what I'm asking you

to have a little respect for what I do,

'cause you are not in my shoes.


And if you never made me laughing,
if you've never seen me crying my way,
if you never felt my passion and my caring,
if you've never listened to what I say.

If you didn't see me writing this song,
if you never ever opened your arms
to carry me home when I was wrong,
if you never felt how Jesus comes.

And if tomorrow the world may crash down,
then please remind to all the things I've done wrong.
But 'til that day you'll have to understand
that it is not your responsibility
to critisize me
but to take the log out of your own eye first.

***
march 2009

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen